Friday, November 18, 2011

May his soul rest in peace


Late Mr. S.K. Rai,

We may have encountered or heard of many great people, so did I, I am blessed to be lucky enough to share the moments in this life. Toady I would like to pay my homage with deep integrity, to our late sir S.K. Rai who passed away on 28th January 2009, and pen down my emotions and sentiments in devotion of his remembrance. He was not just a best teacher but a caring father, a loving husband and a perfect human being, second to none.

Time passes with every tick tock of the clock, yet the wound inside my heart is fresh and deep, still bringing tears yearning for the moments to come back.

The last picnic with his family.
I can never forget the date (28th Jan. 2009) in my life that turned my heart into brittle. The night before I was feeling quite anxiety and my sleep was delayed for I was having butterflies in my stomach as our class 12 BBE result was going to be out the very next day but I never knew until the next day that my anxiety will meet the worst nightmare. I was stunned and numb for some time as the cold news pierced deep inside making me maim of all feelings and senses. Our favorite and one of the most respected teacher sir S.K. Rai has passed away during the picnic with his family. The last picnic that will never be forgotten, who would have thought that the day which began with much joy would end like this?

I was drenched in woe; I couldn’t eat properly that day. Tears rolled down from my heart never gesturing to stop as I foreshadowed the memories. I still feel he is with us, smiling and gazing upon us.

We awe him a lot, we are very grateful for everything sir has done to us. The fruit we enjoy today is from the plant sir has helped us to nurture.  Our love and respect for him will never be in dearth. I wish I could turn the hands of time and turn the barren land into green field once again.

Why do all good people have to leave the world so early? The bitter truth of life it is, every one has to kiss the death one day or other, and no one can help it. The uncertainty of life ripped the sky apart and brought the bitter rain. I dwell here like a toddler, helpless but I pray with all might, may his soul to reside in heaven with evergreen peace and almighty to bless his family.

He will always be remembered and missed…..We all loved him a lot but god loved him more…..may his soul rest in peace…

One of my class mate and his student, Kezang Deki shares her gratitude and emotions captured in this beautiful poem....

To sir with love (Dedicated to late sir S.K.Rai)

Dank and oppressive is the darkness,
The world is petrified; the night is full of stillness,
Sinister silence rules the hours of night,
The celestial bodies conceal in the gloomy sky with plight.

I am left shattered in the moment of dark,
So brief! Your presence seemed only like a spark,
If only you would return to wipe my tears,
For I make the most earnest of prayers.

My soul bleeds and out the tear drains,
Thy absence makes my soul and body maim,
What thou among the years have never known,
Is my love and gratitude but now I mourned.

A glimpse of that world when you were there
Fades far away, dissolves and disappears clear,
Never knew that I have to see this day,
For thine absence my heart is never at gay.

Death has come with suffering, without pain,
Like a mystery without evidence to be lain,
With broken heart, I stand in sheer obscurity,
And purity,” may you enter the heaven of serenity"

Kezang Deki
XII sci (2009)
GHSS

6 comments:

  1. Sad to read about his early demise and the sense of loss you went through. Nice post. bro. Kezang Deki's poem is beautiful too. You know, I met her during Youth Festival in Thimphu in 2008 winter. She is very good in spoken English also, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @langa tenzin,, thank you and ya you r rite, she is very good in both spoken and written English..

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad to know... may his soul rest in peace...
    Om manee padmay hung..

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed a very sad thing to know....

    brother i believe its a very difficult task to write about someone's death....but you have very carefully written it..

    may his soul rest in peace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you everyone for the prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  6. good people will always be in my prayers........good job pj

    ReplyDelete